free counters
Latest News

Is Cairo Really the Capital of Troubles?

Friday 11 March 2011 , Posted by Octa at Friday, March 11, 2011

I (and we) think we’ll directly justify position answer from the (question) tittle. Yeah, our mind (I mean us who have ever had a tour in Egypt) remember again the noisiness or semi-broken in every corner of Cairo. It was right Ahram News said “Cairo is the Capital of Troubles since 1956” (see edition of 21 January 2011). But I won’t explain these troubleness types based on Dr. Mustafa Madbouli plans like Ahram did. I only said here like I know and see by my self.
I think Cairo only has two place types: nois and vile. Yeah, touring foreign who is having tour in Cairo is exceptional, because he/she stay in a hotel or special place, and only explore special areas, and of course far from most Egyptian.
Noisiness will contained in many places, especially in throughout of roads. Many cars fulfill the roads, without the clear traffic rule. Even the rule is only instinctive tradition of people, and include this tradition is – for example – two driver stop their cars in the middle of road when the first grazes the second, and they finish the problem over there. Sometimes – altought speed of cars is always well regulated – two drivers race because one of them won’t be preceded by other.


The death of traffic rule also makes traffic police in confuse because everyday wide roads of Cairo are always tight, especially in District Eighth, Duwaiqah, Abbasea, Tahrir Square, Ataba, Husein, Abbas Aqad areas, ect. Until now, I still search road that made especially for walker (pedestrian precinct). Sometimes I come out lazily, because I can’t walk pleasantly. To concentrate on street full of many car traffics make me tired. Of course, population density is the first causes of this noisiness.

‘Not pure’ and semi-broken also contained in many places. Many dirty corners you’ll see there. The signs of these vileness is not-clean, rubbish in all over the place, impurity and bad smell. Yeah, people must repair their habbits, into pure habbit. I am sure many people are disturbed by these vileness, because they are in open public places although people love the cleanliness for themselves. Yeah, I see people (Egyptian) are really neat.

I imagine – if – Cairo is like Japan (for example) that its public halls keep in clean and pure, has some pedestrian precincts, has rule of traffic, and doesn’t make sidewalk become carport or small shop, I think people would preferre to walk rather than ride when they go to near place (in any case 2 km from their homes). And of course also will make foreigners in more pleasant and comfortable.
I hope Cairo will become better after today.



Currently have 0 komentar:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment